Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Something new on the needles

Thank you to everyone for the awesome comments about Thermal! It was so nice to hear that you like it too. Happily now I can move on to my next project - Wicked.


I cast-on for Wicked Sunday night and I'm already past the division for the arms! Wow! I'm using Lion Brand Cotton Ease (50% Cotton, 50% Acrylic) in the color Lake. I'm knitting the 36-39 inch size on size 7 needles. I did go ahead and knit the neckline on 6's as other people online went down one needle size with good results.

I tried the top on last night and so far it looks like it is going to be an excellent summer top. I was worried that the blue was a little too light in color for me, but I'm starting to really like it. The Cotton Ease is knitting up very nicely and feels good.

***Knitting Group is Tonight! We meet at the new Starbucks in Wilmette (corner of Lake & Laramie, just to the west of I-94 on Lake Ave.). We start at around 6:30 and go until 8ish. Any yarn enthusiast is welcome!***

1 comment:

Liz said...

I can't wait to see it in real life, I want to knit that top as well, & I keep hearing good things about Cotton Ease! That color will be so pretty with your red hair.