Monday, June 06, 2005

Monday, Monday

So, Monday again, already! Why oh why do weekends go by so fast? Got a lot of knitting done this weekend, but no pics yet....hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Friday night M (hubby) and I went to the local Barnes and Noble to hear David Sedaris read and get his autograph. I love him! He read a fable that we had just heard on NPR's This American Life (but hearing it live was even better) and then he read a story that will be in the New Yorker next week. We then waited for over 2 hours (are we groupies, now?) to get him to sign our books....we got up there and we are chatting with him....he asks if we smoke....we say yes, but we are thinking about quitting, so in one book he wrote "nobody likes a quitter" and in the other he drew a cigarette -- yea! Then he asked if we wanted to run outside with him and smoke -- of course we did -- yea! Very cool night. I am so glad we got to meet him. He is one of the funniest men alive. If you haven't yet, be sure to read (or even better, listen to) one of his books -- Me Talk Pretty One Day is hilarious!

So, as I joked to M as we waited in line for David Sedaris, that cut into my knitting time. I made up for it on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I finished my Fiery Bolero and I love it! I'll be sure to post a pic soon. I haven't blocked it yet, but it really doesn't need it.

Then I made a hat for M....he's been wanting a "summer hat" in various colors....stripey. I have no idea what he wants exactly, but I ordered various colors of Shine from Knitpicks, we went to the random stripe generator at kissyourshadow.com and voila! a pattern was born. Unfortunately, hours later as I triumphantly placed the hat on his head, I learned that when one makes a hat, one should make it smaller than the head:( Oh no! It was at least 3 or 4 inches too big! As it looks very cool (cooler than I expected) I will post a pic soon, but now I have to make. the. same. hat. all. over. again. :(

Then I started on a pair of socks in Star Gazer Lily Sock Garden from Knitpicks. I'm using the Dublin Bay sock pattern, found somewhere online. I really love it. I just knit and knit and knit yesterday while watching last year's season of the 4400 on USA in preparation for the premiere of the new season last night. That show is so entertaining!

As for reading, plowing through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I went ahead and pre-ordered Half-Blood Prince at Barnes and Noble while we were there on Friday night because they let you come in at midnight on July 15th to pick up the book -- which is a full 12 hours before I would get it from Amazon. Hooray! (I think M thinks I'm crazy, even though I know he is looking forward to the book as much I am:) )

1 comment:

InkyW said...

LoL!! you and my husband with those harry potter books. I read them first and he thought they were "stupid" until he picked up book one about 2 years ago and promptly read thru all the ones we had and then had to buy the missing ones. he's already pre-ordered the new one too and we have it on the calendar in readyness for the midnight run. he'll be going alone, lol.