Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in Harvest Moon (mediumweight)
Needles: KnitPicks double point needles size 1
Start Date: July 25, 2006
End Date: July 30, 2006
Comments: I'm a sucker for the 80's. Maybe some of the fashion was bad and the politics left a lot to be desired, but the music. Oh, the music! So when I read the lyrics "you spin me right round baby" in the RPM pattern description, even before I knew this pattern was written by one of my favorite bloggers, I knew I would love these socks. And boy do I!
I went ahead and knit these on double points as that's my preferred method. Once I got into the rhythm of the pattern these socks practically knit themselves. I know for sure that I will be knitting this pattern again. This is the first time I successfully knit a short row heel too. The instructions in the pattern are practically fool proof.
This completes my crazy six sock pair knitathon. Here's a little picture and recap of what I did this month.
From top left, clockwise:
- Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn in Strange Little Mama - plain sock with a picot edge
- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Poppy - Elongated Corded rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Bittersweet - Openwork rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
- Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock mediumweight in Harvest Moon - RPM from Knitty
- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Parfait - Basket Weave rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
- Sunshine Yarns in Shamrock - Basket Weave rib from Sensational Knitted Socks