Monday, July 31, 2006

You had me at "you spin me right round baby"

RPM Socks
Harvest Moon Socks That Rock RPM Sock

Pattern: RPM
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in Harvest Moon (mediumweight)
Needles: KnitPicks double point needles size 1
Start Date: July 25, 2006
End Date: July 30, 2006
Comments: I'm a sucker for the 80's. Maybe some of the fashion was bad and the politics left a lot to be desired, but the music. Oh, the music! So when I read the lyrics "you spin me right round baby" in the RPM pattern description, even before I knew this pattern was written by one of my favorite bloggers, I knew I would love these socks. And boy do I!

I went ahead and knit these on double points as that's my preferred method. Once I got into the rhythm of the pattern these socks practically knit themselves. I know for sure that I will be knitting this pattern again. This is the first time I successfully knit a short row heel too. The instructions in the pattern are practically fool proof.


This completes my crazy six sock pair knitathon. Here's a little picture and recap of what I did this month.

Six Pairs of Socks in July

From top left, clockwise:

Whew!

5 comments:

sheep#100 said...

I wasn't sure about the RPMs but now that I am seeing more of them across the ether...

Anonymous said...

Those look great.

So.... what sock will you be knitting up at GROUP? ;)

HPNY KNITS said...

you did all these in July?
wow! and they are fab!!

Kim in Oregon said...

Wow, congrats! I'll have to try the short row heel on my next pair. And the cuff part. Are you making the new Rockin' Socks socks?

VickeryKnits said...

I meant to comment earlier--I'm so impressed with your socks! I've been reading your blog all month (last month now) and have loved watching your work! Beautiful.