Thursday, September 28, 2006

Besotted Scarf

Besotted Scarf
Pattern: Besotted Scarf
Yarn: K1C2 Paint Box in Walnut Plum #10
Needles: KnitPicks Options US 5/3.75 mm
Start Date: September 5, 2006
End Date: September 27, 2006
Comments: Not much to say on this one. The yarn was very nice. Similar to Noro Kureyon, but a little more consistency on the thickness. The pattern is very pretty and I would absolutely knit it again. Great practice for cabling without a cable needle.

I got a few inches more done on the Elizabeth I scarf, but I really don't like the fabric I'm getting with the KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud. It's just doesn't have enough substance. It's definitely more of a cobweb weight rather than a lace weight. I think I might scrap this project for the time being.

4 comments:

Chicago Jen said...

OMG!! Alyssa, that scarf is beautiful!! I love the colorway (no surprise) and the pattern works really well with the XO cables. Really well done as usual!

Liz said...

I'm besotted with that scarf!No lie, who is the lucky recipient? Sorry I missed Group, I was in Dallas for the day, didn't land until 8:15 pm, but I'll see you next week.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect scarf! Perfect pattern for that colorway. I *heart* it!

mle said...

I love your blog! You have some really great FOs! I can't wait to see how the silk shrug looks when you try it on.