Sunday, June 04, 2006

Lacy Little Top

Lacy Little Top

Pattern: Lacy Little Top
Yarn: Hemp for Knitting Allhemp 3
Needle: 24 inch size 2 Addi Turbo and size 2 bamboo double points
Start Date: May 20, 2006
Finish Date: May 30, 2006
Notes: What can I say - I love this top! This may be my favorite top I've knit so far. The hemp provided an unusual knitting experience...it was very stiff and waxy. However, once I washed the finished top, the fabric relaxed and feels great. I knit the large size (40 inch) which is almost exactly my bust measurement and it fits very nicely. The neck is a bit wider than I expected (maybe that's why the model is standing with one arm up? :) ) and if I were to knit this again (which I may) I would simply add a couple extra decrease rows prior to binding off. I really like all of the details of this pattern: the pretty lace, a nice eyelet row for the i-cord, a lovely neck embellishment. The instructions for the sleeves were a little on the sparse side, but I figured them out and had no trouble. (FYI: I found the cute little leaf charms at Art Beads). I highly recommend this pattern and the allhemp yarn.

4 comments:

Nit One Perl Two said...

I am so happy I found your site. It appears we have more in common than knitting! I'll let you know when I complete the "world renound" triple lindee patern!

aija said...

Very nice!!

Kathy said...

WoW Alyssa. That is one beautiful top you made. How did you do it with no cat hair on it?

I LOVE the color. You are very photogenic you know that?

You always impress the heck outta me. My hands hurt with my recycled silk purse last year, hemp is a bit softer eh with no clumps in it???

Kaitie Tee said...

Too cute. I love it! You'd look fab in a peach one, if you decide to knit it again.