- I joined a knitting group (Hi, Everybody!).
- I became extremely obsessive with sock knitting and sock yarn:)
- I knit way too many gifts at winter holiday time (that is not happening this year).
- I knit Matt a sweater (and he loves it!).
- I knit with beads.
- I felted some items (intentionally!).
- I went to Stitches Midwest Market for the first time.
- I Gold Medaled in the 2006 Knitting Olympics.
- I've taken knitting classes on cables, finishing, designing, and Norwegian hats.
- I've made extensive lists including yarn inventory, monthly goals, and what sock yarn will go with what sock pattern.
- I've blogged (and met some cool people through it).
Now on to the knitting content!
Here is my official May/June Knitting Goal post (ha ha, goal post) -
1) Lacy Little Top DONE
2) MaryElla DONE
3) Green Gable DONE (but soon to be frogged)
4) Butterflies and Blossoms Socks (butterfly socks) DONE
5) Diagonal Rib Socks (Interweave Knits subscriber-only online pattern) 1/2 DONE
I wasn't sure at the beginning of May whether I would be able to meet all my goals. I am thrilled that I came so close. One little sock separated me from full out victory, but I guess that keeps me humble:) Here's a picture to show off the diagonal rib of the one completed Diagonal Rib Sock (Socks that Rock, Hot Flash - Interweave Knits online pattern).
1) Shaped Neck Tee
2) Tasha Bag
3) Chinese Charm Bag (Stitch 'N Bitch Pattern Book)
4) Cable Rib Socks (IK Spring 05)
5) Bluebell Rib Socks in the Socks that Rock Rockin' Sock Club color Fairgrounds
June's goals were set keeping in mind that Matt and I will be on vacation for a week in the middle of June sailing with his family in the British Virgin Islands. I'm hoping to knit the Bluebell Rib socks before we leave and do the rest when we get back.
Here's the start of the Bluebell Rib Socks. The yarn is Socks that Rock Fairgrounds (medium weight), the May shipment of the Socks that Rock Rockin' Sock Club. The colors are incredibly vibrant and I am really enjoying how they are working with the pretty pattern. These will knit up in no time:)