Thursday, August 31, 2006

End of August

So I'm just half a sock away from finishing my projects for this month. I think I'll be able to finish up the Sock Candy Isosceles Socks by the end of the day, but for now I will distract you with pretty yarn.

Here is the swatch for my next project. The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk in Mocha. Absolutely lovely to knit. Just swatching this yarn was luxurious - I can't wait to wear it against my skin. More details in a couple days:)


And here's my latest purchase from Sunshine Yarns. From left to right, Violets, Hungarian Horntail Dragon, and Chinese Fireball Dragon. Recognize the last two names? It's Harry Potter dragon names from the Goblet of Fire! (I'm a nerd).







Finally I present an adorable Kilby picture. I try to keep this blog all about knitting and only occasionally toss in a cat, but when a Kilby bear climbs into your knitting basket, it's just too cute to ignore.

7 comments:

Kaitie Tee said...

Truly too cute to ignore!

Chicago Jen said...

Adorable pic of Kilby but um, what is your next project going to be with that yummy Alpaca Silk? That's a hefty amount of dough to drop for just anyol' project. So, what's it gonna be, huh? huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jen, adorable Kilby picture, who can resist it? And what are you knitting w/ the Alpaca Silk? I looove the color & I love everything you knit so I know it will be good. By the way, I missed Group last night, but not to study, I had to go to a parents meeting for Instrumental Music for my 4th grader - she wants to play the violin!!!

KnitterBunny said...

Kilby is very cute. I think the occassional Kilby picture would be quite nice. :)

Jodi said...

Kilby is so darn cute! The Alpaca Silk yarn is lovely.

janna said...

Such a cute kitty picture! And I love the Chinese Fireball Dragon yarn (okay, I may have gotten the name wrong -- the red stuff!)

Hawkesley said...

I love your Sunshine Yarns stash. I've got the Violets colourway in my stash too :-)