Monday, August 07, 2006

Sweater Status and a Finished Project

This weekend was filled with excellent Indian food with friends, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, the fifth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the Lakeshore Arts Festival, and a bit of knitting. Here' s a picture of the knitting. I finished up the back of Heather and I've made solid progress on the front. I'm hoping to finish this piece up in a couple days so that I can knit the sleeves and finish up by the end of the coming weekend. We'll see how that goes.


The Trekking #71 sock looks very much like it did last time. Busy weekends cut into knitting time. Instead here's a little finished object from June (I finally put the liner in...hand-sewing is a pain. I really need to buy a little sewing machine).


Chinese Charm Bag
















Pattern: Chinese Charm Bag from Stitch 'N Bitch
Yarn: Noro Gemstones (discontinued)
Needles: size 10 Denise Needles
Start Date: June 24, 2006
End Date: Knitting done June 25, 2006 - Finishing happened on August 6, 2006

Comments: Overall I really enjoyed knitting this bag. It was a quick project aside from actually hand-sewing the liner. I haven't sewn for years and I didn't do the best job. Maybe someday I'll redo the lining, but for now I will hope that Pikachu makes up for any poor sewing by being so darn cute:) The bag used 4 skeins of the now discontinued Noro Gemstones. I wish they hadn't discontinued that yarn line though because it was lovely to knit with and the resulting fabric is stunning.

3 comments:

aija said...

Pikachu rocks!! :)

I love the cabling on Heather, its so pretty.

knit chick said...

Thanks for heads up on the restaurant. The sweater is looking absolutely fabulous. The purse came out nice. The hand-sewn lining is where I probably would have stopped...

Kathy said...

Oh your bag is so great. Alyssa. Your weekend sounded wonderful. My dad had surgery yesterday, but I am HOPING he has a quiet day tomorrow and I can see you at GROUP> Im counting down the days to stitches.