Tuesday, October 04, 2005

One Sleeve To Go

Eris is nearing completion. I finished the first sleeve last night and just need to do the other one (unless I want to make an amazingly strange fashion statement). Then I have to order a zipper and sew the hem. And weave in the ends....So, looks like I'll be spending a little more time with Eris -- it's ok, I like her:)

Other toe-up sock is going well -- I turned the heel. This time my short-row heel looks much better.



Holiday knitting is going nowhere right now. I need to keep moving on it. The list is quite long and I don't want to be rushed during the holidays. I think I'll try to work out a schedule to keep me on track. Of course, once Eris is done, the other projects will probably start getting more attention -- she's a demanding project!

I am very upset that it is hot again here in Chicagoland. We had a few lovely days of cool weather, but it's gone! I hate humidity. I hate heat. Bring on Autumn!

9 comments:

Chicago Jen said...

Okay, I know you're new to the area, so I just thought I'd let you know that the mother of all sewing stores in located in Evanston on Main. It's called Vogue Fabric and you could stop by there and pickyou zipper, make sure it matches AND ask for advice re: attaching it.... Just thought I'd let you know.

http://www.myvoguefabrics.com/vstores.htm

Smooches and congrats, she's beautiful!

Chicago Jen said...

Oh yeah, and I sure hope you wear/bring her to GROUP next time. That's next Tuesday, you know... better get crackin' on that sleeve and zipper.

Anonymous said...

Eris looks awesome. I can't believe how far you've gotten in such a short time. You'll be hitting those holiday projects in no time. Sock looks great, too. Love the color!

I'm half-tempted to ditch class next week so I can go to Group. Maybe I can blame it on the weather...

Anonymous said...

If Holiday Knitting starts to overwhelm you, just call 1-877-SOS-KNIT. It's toll free in the US and Canada. I promise it'll make you feel less freaked out.

<3 Your Secret Pal

kathy b said...

Alyssa

When the holidays are over, will you rewrite the pattern for me so it is a pullover v-neck with no seams or zippers.

thanks
:)

Anonymous said...

Eris is beautiful. I can't wait to see it. I forgot about Vogue Fabrics, it's a very cool place. You'll find a zipper there for sure.

Bring on the cool weather :)

Froding said...

A message from Sweden! I have also done my Eris in that shade butDrops Karisma. I am also getting started with my Zipper. AND I have never done that before.....I dont like the behind of my Eris, its too loosefitted, is yours that too??

Anonymous said...

I am most impressed with all of the projects. I know how to sew a zipper in clothing so if you need some advice, bring it to GROUP and I will see what help I might be to you.

Lynn

hassam said...

so very nice