Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Quick Update Post

As proof that all the time I'm not blogging, I am accomplishing some things here are a couple finished objects. First, a holiday stocking for my little niece Skye! I am very proud of this stocking -- it only took me a couple nights, but it was my first real foray into two-handed Fair Isle knitting. While I had a little trouble with the short row heel (that seems to be a problem for me whether the sock is foot-sized or stocking sized), overall this was a very fun project -- Hope my sis-in-law is not reading my blog! I got the pattern from the online store theknitter and the yarn is, of course, KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Grass, Cloud, and Cranberry.

This next project was something to amuse myself last night. I didn't want to work on anything hard and I had seen this pattern online. I'm thinking Bobbles the Sheep may go live with someone else, but we'll see -- Laska liked using him as small cat blanket last night! The yarn is just good ol' Sugar & Cream cotton.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Christmas stocking. It looks great.

Have to go check out "bobbles the sheep" as I love all things "sheepy".

Anonymous said...

Woooo-hoooo! The stocking looks awesome! I remember at Stitches you wanted to try fair isle. Sheesh, it looks like you've mastered it. Your niece is going to love it.

Bobbles is cute (even though I just caught myself typing "boobles").

kathy b said...

Alyssa

I know a baby named SKYE. Lucky baby. Very nice fair isle. Isnt it hypnotic?

Bobbles is great. I see an entire blankie with bobbles.

Enjoy this incredible weather.