So far in 2006 I have knit a sock, a hat, and a scarf. How in six short days did I accomplish this? I got sick. And while I have many wonderful and intricate projects waiting in the wings my cold medicine dictated that I only work on things that required 12.8% of my brain. Pictures will be forthcoming this weekend.
As I have caught up on my blogreading I've seen most people are doing some sort of year in review/new year's resolution type post. Here are my thoughts on 2005 and 2006:
- I knit my first sock (and many more followed).
- I knit my first cable pattern (and loved it).
- I discovered KnitPicks.com and ebay are excellent sources for yarn (and my bank account will never be the same).
- I began to blog (Hi).
- I ran out of room for my yarn stash (and I still kept buying more).
- I started going to my twice-monthly knitting GROUP (and I am so happy to have met such a wonderful and interesting group of knitters).
- I set in my first zipper (and it doesn't look terrible and it hasn't fallen out).
- I will knit from my stash (and be careful how often I restock).
- I will not buy any more sock yarn until I've knit at least 6 pairs from my yarn stash.
- I will knit my first lace project.
- I will attend Stitches Midwest again.
- I will knit more for myself and less for others.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and here's to a wonderful year to come!