Friday, January 27, 2006

On Top of Veste Everest

So, a couple days ago I said to watch out for exciting posts later in the week. Well, when I wrote that I over-estimated the progress I would be making on Veste Everest (and perhaps "exciting" was not the right word -- it is a knitted vest afterall). I thought I would have a completed back piece, but I'm a few inches short of that. It is moving more quickly now as I've really gotten into the rhythm of the pattern, but we were watching March of the Penguins last night and I kept stopping to focus on the movie. Wow! Penguins are some strange and wonderful little creatures. Simply amazing.

I've made a bit of progress on My So Called Scarf, but nothing picture-worthy. M's tiger sock is about half-way done. I keep looking at more sock yarn online, but I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE SOCK YARN! (But I really want some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Old Rose like Lynae has....and some Trekking XXL #126 and #5).

I am shocked to report that I have not worked on Trinket at all this week. I love the project, but I've found myself pushing so hard to get the Veste done before the end of the month (Yeah, that's my realistic goal - wish me luck!). Oh, and why does Veste Everest have an "e" on the end of vest? That bugs me. Is it French? Hmmmm...Maybe I'll call mine an Everest Vest....

I'll leave you now with a picture of the gorgeous flowers M got for me earlier this week. They are so beautiful and cheerful. Now I just have to keep the cats from eating them!

3 comments:

Chicago Jen said...

Wow!! Aren't you the knitting machine!! (heh, heh, sorry for the pun). I've been slathering over that silly Old Rose stuff for months,too, since I saw it on someone else's blog... but, um, unlike the picture of restraint that you are, I bought more yarn today. I know, I know....
So here's what I got: Misti Alpaca lace weight in chocolate brown (4 skeins), Angel from Lorna's Laces in JayPond (brother-in-law and lovely wife have a new baby boy coming: gotta make some of those fabulous fuzzy booties!), and 3 hanks of Lorna's Lion and Lamb (color Vera) for Clapotis (yes, someday I'll jump on the Clapotis bandwagon). BTW, Lys, just wanted to thank you for introducing me to KnitHappens.com... yeah, alot, cause no woman in her right mind can pass up a yarn sale... sigh

kathy b said...

The veste (do I say it ves-ty or veeeest?) is so soft looking. Love color.

Whats this about getting flowers? THey are really lovely and a breath of beauty in our rainy grey world of late. thanks for sharing

Mothlady said...

Wow, you've been busy! :) I'm sorry to say this, but I try to avoid your blog because I always end up buying more yarn when I see your gorgeous knitting projects ;) This should be the year of the stash, but I just HAVE to get some Malabrigo. Hmmm, I wonder how much I should use of the stash before I can buy more yarn...

Oh, and I'm in the Knitting Olympics, too. I'm knitting the Lillehammer Olympic sweater.