Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yowza!

Wow, you all sure know how to make a girl feel loved. :) Thank you to everyone that delurked and left a comment over the last couple days. I really enjoyed hearing from everyone and I'm so glad you like the blog. I never thought I would have any regular readers and it's pretty darn cool that you all take the time to read my little blog. Hope I can keep it interesting for you all. :)

Thermal is finally growing. My gosh this is a slow knit. I mean, sure, knitting a sweater on size 0 needles should have been my first clue that I would be dedicating the next several weeks to knitting at a snail's pace, but geez! Two nights of knitting and I only got through a few inches. I can however safely say I really do love the fabric and the yarn is very nice to knit. Good thing Thermal makes great American Idol knitting.

The last of my little sock yarn spree from the past couple weeks showed up on the porch the other day. Here we have 3 (!) more Duet Sock yarns from A Swell Yarn Shop (and one is by way of the Yarn Grove - free shipping!). From left to right we have Turquoise Tranquility, Mr. Roper, and Hip Chic. Love love love them! If I ever put down Thermal long enough to work on my Apple Laine socks I'll be able to cast on with some of these lovelies...And let's not forget that the first 2007 Rockin' Sock Club kit will be arriving any day now...Mmmmm, sock yarn.


***Knitting Group is moving! We'll still be meeting tonight (Wednesday), but instead of the Borders we are moving a little west to the new Starbucks in Wilmette (corner of Lake & Laramie, just to the west of I-94 on Lake Ave.). We meet from 6:30 until 8ish and any yarn enthusiast is welcome!***

2 comments:

mle said...

You've made great progress on Thermal! but I know what you mean about slow knits...it seems like everything I'm knitting right now (5! projects) is on size 3s or smaller! so what do I do?...cast on for a worsted weight cardigan of course! You seem to be much more diciplined than I am! ;-)

Angela said...

WOW!!! You are like the rock star of sock knitting!!! You must have very cozy feet all year long! :)
I was just thinking of knitting Thermal...what do you think of it??