Saturday, February 11, 2006

Opening Ceremonies: Cast-on

As I prepare now to begin knitting on Day 1 of the 2006 Knitting Olympics I look back upon the opening ceremonies with confidence. Not only did I cast on for the Baltic Sea Stole, but I completed the 9 row seed stitch border and the first 8 rows of the 32 row repeat - all while watching a movie and then Arrested Development (let's not even talk about how sad I'll be if that show really is cancelled). I'm feeling strong. My only struggle today will be that my husband made dinner plans for us with a group of people from his lab. So - what am I doing here wasting time blogging??? I've got to get knitting!

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Alyssa

The blues are gorgeous. Be sure you let us see it often as it progresses. The games have begun.