Wednesday, May 09, 2007

March 25th

March 25th. Do you know the significance of that date? It was the date I last finished knitting something. It was a pair of socks (my super awesome Yarntini Project Runway socks). Since then I've been knitting Thermal and a little bit of sock. That's it. 45 days.

I always thought I was a process knitter. I love the needles, yarn, and the actual knitting, but now that I realize it's been nearly 7 weeks since I finished something and I am bothered by this fact immensely, I'm thinking I am a product knitter after all. Maybe I'm 40% process, 60% product. How about you?

P.S. The picture is a peek at my finished Thermal! Right now it is blocking/drying. A final finished project post will be up soon. Apologies for the dark, yucky picture - Stormy spring is here. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care if it is sopping wet, bring it to group tonight! *wink*

Anonymous said...

I love the process and the product!
Maybe 50/50. Looking forward to seeing the thermal.

Kris said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear your run down about Thermal. I've been working at getting my gauge and would love to hear your comments or any adjustments you found or feel would help;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's why I finish socks in between work on large projects. :) I am able to have some gratificatin from the finished object, and rekindle my desire to work on the other projects. :)

Glenna C said...

There's a whole lot of product knitting in me, but I think I might be transitioning a bit from product-knitter to process-knitter. I suppose 50-50 would be a nice place to be, right?

Lovely looking Thermal! I would like to knit that someday.

Liz said...

I think I'm product because I rip out everything that isn't perfect (or maybe I'm just crazy, is that a category?) Thermal looks great, I'm sad that I'll never knit it.