Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The sleeve that would not end...


I really feel like I'm in some fairy tale in which I knit on my Thermal sleeve during the day. Put it down at night and then pixies come and unravel what progress I've made. I swear I never thought I would spend so much time on a sweater! I have faith I'll love it though. Everyone's finished one's have been awesome. So, I'm on the final sleeve. Then I just attach the sleeves, pick up the neckline and knit for a couple inches. Then I'm done! In time for summer! :)

I'm starting to sense I may finish this sweater sometime in the next week or so (clearly I didn't make my April deadline). What next? I'm thinking Wicked. I need a nice quick knit and I just love that top. I even have the yarn ready to go...Cotton Ease! Kim knit one with it and it turned out great. I'm such a copy cat. :)

***Knitting Group is Tonight! We meet at the new Starbucks in Wilmette (corner of Lake & Laramie, just to the west of I-94 on Lake Ave.). We start at around 6:30 and go until 8ish. Any yarn enthusiast is welcome!***

2 comments:

Sheknits said...

Hi ALyssa-
I have been so curious about the Wed. night knitters group that now meets at Starbucks- I live in Dderfield, and my problem is I have a gaggle of kids that need to eat and driven places....darn kids ruin all my fun...not really, but you know what I am saying. They don't let me out much around here. Do you happen to know of any groups that meet during the day in this area? I know I can post on KR but thought I would ask you , a local knitter. NOw I am going to go enjoy reading your blog...!

Liz said...

I have Wicked waiting in the wings as well! I'm sure it will fly by after thermal. Seeya tonight, I have cookies for you.