Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock

Jingle Bells in January? Yep! I started on my Socks that Rock lightweight Jingle Bell Rock socks on Sunday night and they are flying off the needles. I had wound this skein in mid-December, hoping to knit it over holiday break, but the silly neck pain thing changed those plans (in yesterday's post I revealed the solution to the neck pain mystery - a slipped disc!). So, Sunday night, as I was feeling better, I could resist the call of this brightly colored and festive sock yarn no longer. Who cares if it's the middle of January!

I only knit an inch or so of 2x2 ribbing on Sunday night so on Monday I decided to use the Agate Bay Sock Pattern (the pattern starts with 1x1 ribbing, so pretty close). I had to modify the Agate Bay pattern by adding a repeat just to be sure the sizing would be correct. This pattern is knitting up very quickly and I'm already at the gusset decreases. Ah, how I love Socks that Rock.

The pattern is very unique and I really like that it's just on the leg. The pattern writing itself could be a little better. Firstly, why oh why is there no chart? I used to hate charts, now I almost feel lost without one. A chart would make me so happy...Secondly, in the written instructions, the pattern writer uses dashes/hyphens when it would have been better to use a) nothing or b) commas. Oh well, I love the design and it was cheap so I'm not going to complain too loudly. :)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss knitting Group again tonight. :( I am unable to drive yet due to the neck (and the medication) and Matt has to work so he can't chauffeur me. I'll miss you all! It seems like so long since my last Group night...I'm going to do my best to make it next week. For those yarn enthusiasts without injury or excuse, you are welcome to join our little knitting Group at the Border's in Wilmette at the corner of Lake and Skokie. We meet every Wednesday from 6:30pm until 8:00pm. Happy Knitting!

No comments: