Monday, January 15, 2007

Jingle

Jingle Bell Rock Agate Bay Socks
Pattern: Agate Bay from Northern Sunshine Designs (modified to add a repeat for sizing)
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Jingle Bell Rock (lightweight)
Needles: KnitPicks double points US size 0 (2.0 mm) - 9 stitches per inch
Start Date: January 7, 2007
End Date: January 14, 2007
Comments: I'm very happy with how this pair came out. Originally I had planned on just knitting 2x2 rib for the whole sock, but I'm glad I used the Agate Bay pattern. It adds a little pizazz, don't you think? The lightweight Socks that Rock knit up very well and I really like how the colors spiraled on the foot. As with the Philosopher's Stone socks that I'll have to rip out due to yarn shortage, these Jingle Bell Socks were a close call. Luckily I had my little scale to reassure me, but it was still close, even with a short leg. I'm just not sure how much more Socks that Rock in lightweight I'll use since I can't get a longer leg out of it like I can with the mediumweight. These socks do make me smile!

Next up is some Socks that Rock in Citrine (mediumweight). This yarn wasn't on my January knitting goal list. It wasn't on the revised goal list either. I'm clearly ignoring my list! I'm still contemplating what pattern to use. I'm leaning towards Marmalade from Northern Sunshine Designs. Anyone else have an idea? I'll be casting on tonight.

4 comments:

mle said...

Very festive Jingle Bell socks!! I like the Marmalade pattern a lot! I think that yarn would look good in almost any pattern.

Isobel said...

Marmalade looks like a very nice pattern, and so aprropriate for the colourway.

Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
I'm probably not supposed to dump this in your comments. I just had a accidental encounter with you in cyberspace! I was doing some research into loom weights (that a different story) and I came upon your knitting page. I guess I remembered your screen name "Zissa". Is that bizare or what? What are the chances.
Its been a dog's age. How are you? drop me a line if you get a minute. I still have the same yahoo account (if you remember it) Long Lost,

Mike Smith

kathy b said...

Great Socks Alyssa . Great new photo of you.